Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- ½ Iceberg Lettuce, shredded (250g)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup (50g)
- 1 tbsp low fat mayonnaise (50g)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 dashes Tabasco sauce to taste
- 200g cooked peeled prawns, defrosted if frozen
- Pinch of smoked paprika
Toss the iceberg and parsley together and place ⅔ in the base of 2 glass serving dishes. Dry the prawns on a few sheets of kitchen roll.
Mix together the ketchup, mayonnaise, Worcestershire and Tabasco sauces then stir in the prawns.
Spoon the prawn mixture into the serving dishes and top with the remaining lettuce. Finish with a sprinkle with smoked paprika. Serve immediately.
Try replacing the iceberg with shredded round lettuce and use tiger prawns with a little harissa paste for extra spice. Serve in 4 wine glasses for the classic 1970’s starter.