Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- 2 x 100 g sirloin steaks, trimmed.
- A little vegetable oil for brushing
- 100g/ 4oz green beans, trimmed
- 75g/ 3oz cucumber, cut into batons
- ½ red pepper, cut into batons
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 (150g) bag Bistro style leaves (eg Red Chard, beetroot and lamb’s lettuce)
- handful coriander leaves
- 1tbsp unsalted peanuts, chopped
For the dressing:
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 tsp caster sugar
Preheat the grill to high. Brush the steak on both sides with the oil, then season well. Cook under the hot grill for 8-10 mins, turning once until the steak is cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes, before slicing.
Cook the beans in boiling salted water for 3 mins or until just tender. Drain, refresh in cold water and drain again. Whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
Divide the salad leaves between two bowls. Top with the other vegetables and sliced steak, drizzle over the dressing and top with the peanuts and coriander.