Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2tsp nut oil
- 8 spring onions, 6 finely sliced, 2 reserved for decoration
- 1-2tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 200g cooked chicken, torn into bite sized pieces
- 80g baby corn cut into ½ cm disks
- 160ml chicken stock
- 50g creamed coconut (or 1 sachet)
- 2tsp soy sauce
- 200g cooked brown rice
- 2 Baby Gem lettuce
- Small bunch of coriander
- 1 lime cut in wedges
- In a heavy bottom pan heat the oil and gently cook the sliced spring onions for 2 minutes. Add the curry powder and peanut butter, cook stirring for 1 min until fragrant then add the chicken and baby corn. Stir to coat with the paste.
- Pour in the stock, coconut milk and soy, stir and cook for 10 minutes. If the satay becomes too thick add a little more stock.
- While the satay is cooking, slice the two remaining spring onions then tear the leaves from the lettuce and arrange on a serving plate. When the satay is ready, spoon a little cooked rice into each lettuce leaf then top with satay, scatter with the spring onions, coriander leaves and squeeze over a few wedges of lime.