Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 200g couscous
- 400ml vegetable stock (hot)
- salt and pepper
- 460g jar read roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 butterhead lettuce
- small bunch of parsley
- 250g Halloumi
- 400g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3tsp harissa paste
- Juice of ½ lime
- Put the couscous in a bowl, cover with the hot stock, season and stir well. Cover the bowl tightly with cling film or a small plate and leave to soak.
- Drain the peppers and chop into bite size chunks. Chop or tear the lettuce and chop the parsley.
- Slice the Halloumi into 8 slices and heat a frying pan or griddle. When the pan is hot, cook the halloumi on both sides until golden.
- While the halloumi is cooking, fork the couscous into a serving bowl and mix in the peppers, lettuce, parsley and chickpeas. Combine the oil, harissa and lime juice and season, reserve 2 tsp of this dressing, drizzling the rest over the couscous and mixing well.
- Once cooked lay the halloumi on top of the salad and drizzle over the reserved dressing.
Note: Try adding a few sweet piquante Peppadew style peppers with the roast peppers for an extra kick
Salad Used: Butterhead lettuce