Preparation time: 25 minutes plus standing time
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts cut into bite sized chunks
- 8 small shallots, peeled and halved (or quartered if they are large)
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 4tsp honey
- 1tsp cumin
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 butterhead lettuce, shredded
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cucumber
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- ½ lemon
- 4 flatbreads or large wraps
- Put the chicken chunks and shallots into a bowl and drizzle with half the oil, honey, cumin and garlic. Toss well and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, if you’re using wooden kebab sticks soak them in water and light the BBQ. Shred the lettuce, slice the avocado and cucumber and halve the tomatoes.
- Make the dressing by combining the lemon juice with the remaining oil and season.
- Thread the meat and shallots onto 8 kebab sticks and when the BBQ is ready to use, cook them for 10-15 minutes turning frequently.
- When the chicken is almost cooked, heat the flatbreads on both sides on the BBQ. To serve toss the salad in the dressing then pile on top of the flatbreads and top with 2 kebabs. Give the kebabs and extra squeeze of lemon juice and serve.
- Note: If it’s not barbeque weather the kebabs can be cooked on a griddle or in a frying pan or grilled.