Preparation time: 15 minutes plus standing time
Cooking time: 0
- 1 Ciabatta style loaf
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 6-8 long Cos Leaves
- 150g mozzarella, sliced
- Jar roasted vegetables (Peppers, aubergines, courgettes etc)
- 1 cooked chicken breast torn into pieces
- Cut the top off the loaf approx. ¼ the way down and pull the soft bread out of the centre to make a bowl shape of the crust with a 2cm layer of bread inside.
- Spread the pesto in a thin layer all over the inside of the bread bowl then layer half of the Cos leaves over the bottom, then add a layer of mozzarella then the roast veg then the chicken. Repeat this till the bread bowl is full. End with a layer of Cos leaves.
- Replace the lid and tightly wrap the whole thing in cling film and balance a can on top to weigh it down. Leave to firm up for 1-4 hrs. Cut into slices to serve.
- Note: dry the roast veg and mozzarella on kitchen roll and make sure you don’t use too much pesto to avoid the bread getting too soggy.